9.11.2011

Cat's out of the bag

We're moving back!
This is a bittersweet post for me to write. We're so excited to get home to our family and friends, but also really sad to close out this phase of living abroad. Michael's company needs him back in the US, so, we're moving back to Chapel Hill. 

Lots of balls are still in the air for us, as MP is applying to B-school....so, we're not sure how long we'll be in Chapel Hill, or if we'll be making a move 6 months later or not. 

It's a bit overwhelming, but we're trying to take it one step at a time, and accept that it's not our plan to make. 
(This is always so hard for me).

We're making the most of our next 3 months and will soak up every last drop of Asia that we can. We'll be back in the States the week of December 12. Anyone know of any houses for rent in the CH/Durham area?!?!?

xx,
Lauren

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lauren, we are excited that you and Mr. Phipps will be back in the...back in the .... back in the USA!! Missed you this weekend at the wedding. I'll be making out my shopping list soon. ;-)
xoxo Anne

Steph said...

SO exciting!!! :) I am excited you will be close again!!

KTBFerg said...

Lauren, I'm so glad to hear that you'll be moving back to NC. I can definitely understand your mixed emotions of the "not knowing". xoxo

Cuentista said...

Congrats, Lauren! I know this is bittersweet - to see one season of your lives coming to an end. But it has been thrilling from this side of the world to see you take the changes involved in living in Hong Kong in stride. I am sure moving back to NC will be an adjustment as well, but I have no doubt that it will be filled with fun twists and turns. It is SO hard to give up our "plans" -- but so often the best things come when we surrender our agendas! (I'm telling myself this, too!) Best of luck and have fun enjoying your last few months in HK!

Kim said...

The BEST news ever is to hear you will soon be back and close enough to hug in person and to visit on a weekend! As this exciting chapter of your life comes to a close, there are more wonderful adventures ahead of you. I can't wait to see what they will be! Anxiously waiting for your return....LOVE, Mom