4.10.2011

10-1=9

Within the first two weeks of moving to HK, I joined the YWCA. I enrolled in a class called "At Home", which was for new-comers to Hong Kong. 

It made my transition to life abroad almost seamless. I immediately met 9 other women in the exact same spot of me....we were all just trying to figure out how to make a life here. We became fast friends and relied so much on one another during those first few months.
They are some of my greatest friends. 
 We did countless hikes together and have even started a book club. We really try to make an effort to get together at least once per month.
We are losing our first though.

Susan is heading back to Cayman with her family. We had a farewell dinner last Thursday at one of her favorite HK establishments, American Peking.
It's been amazing to watch how these women have blossomed in Hong Kong. I love them dearly and am so thankful to have found them so early on. 
Moving Abroad?
Check out the YWCA. It was a lifesaver for me!
xx,
Lauren

1 comment:

Unknown said...

a special group you will always remember -- what a blessing!

xoxo Anne