8.24.2011

Celebrating Part II

Maddy is getting married in just a few short weeks, so we couldn't let her fly back to the US without a shower and bachelorette party...Asia style :) 
We kicked off Saturday morning with a lingerie shower at the Clubhouse of our building. 
 We had some savory snacks...

mixed in with some sweets!
Natasha and I spent a few hours on Saturday baking up a storm. This cake was quite the labor of love, but we had fun trying to pull it off! Natasha was the chef, I was the sous-chef...and I picked up quite a few tips in her kitchen!



 We had fun looking through some old photos of the couple!




We made Maddy guess who gave each gift...she was a trooper!

We had a few hours "off" in the afternoon and met back at dinner to kick off our nightly festivities.
***
We went to dinner at Whisk and sat at the chef's table. 
 Of course, we had to have some fun "accessories"....it was a bachelorette after all. 






We stopped on the waterfront for a picture before the night got under-way. 
It was then back to Central for a little game of "Bachelorette Bingo". 





We ended the night with a sweaty dance party in Wan Chai. 
Lindsey was my partner-in-crime all night long :) 
xx,
Lauren

3 comments:

KTBFerg said...

What a cute party you ladies threw! The cake is awesome! Congrats to your friend!

Amanda said...

It's starting to look like all you do is throw and attend fabulous parties :) Must be a tough life there lady!
This might be totally inappropriate of me, but can I just say the eggplant (I think that was eggplant?) table decorations at the lingerie shower totally threw me off...and by that I mean I wasn't sure if they were eggplants or supposed to represent something else...then I remembered you were way too classy for that kind of decor ;)

Lauren said...

The blog does lie a bit and only posts the good things. I guess that's kinda cheating, huh?!?!

Your mind is in the gutter. You know I'm much classier than that :)