8.18.2011

City Running

For the past almost 2 years, somehow, I've managed to run the same 1-2 trails in Hong Kong. The trails are perfect...somewhat quiet, shaded, and traffic-free. 

Insert Problem: These trails aren't long, so as my mileage starts to increase, so will my need for variety. Running back and forth on a slab of concrete just isn't gonna cut it.

Running Fail: This morning, I tried a new trail that goes out to Pokfulam. It was BUNK. Terrible. No longer than 1.5 miles (and ended at the Water Supply Department). Needless to say, I had to wind my way down to the road and dodged taxis, buses, and wandering pedestrians for the next 40 minutes. 

City runners, do you have any advice for me? How do you manage the traffic, pollution, and awful garbage smells in the morning? 

Hong Kong runners, what are your favorite running loops? (Other than the Peak, Bowen, and Happy Valley Racecourse, which I know about)... Any advice?

My new running buddy and I are having a good time though trying to figure it all out. 
He's a beast. 
xx,
Lauren

2 comments:

Kim said...

I should have figured there would be a new beastly gadget involved!
xx Mom

Living and Loving in NYC said...

Hi Lauren!! It was wonderful meeting you and michael at s & b's wedding. We never got a chance to exchange contact info so I am glad sage sent your blog over to nick!! I love your blog!! I am so jealous at all the incredible places you and Michael have visited! I have some pictures to sent over to you so shoot me an email kovajurn at gmail and I will send them over (once I get back home this weekend).