2.10.2010

4 More Paws

It has been a bit of a circus around here the past few days. We've had a four-legged visitor since Monday.

Dudley was great around Charlotte the first day, but she's young and frisky, and our old man just wasn't having the 24 hour play-time.

Needless to say, they spent much of the time separated so I wasn't constantly breaking up doggie-fights. I know they look so happy in these pictures, but this was day 1 :)

We went out Monday night to celebrate Michael's birthday. No Harris Teeter cakes here, so I slaved away making these instead. Just kidding. My cake pans are in the POD, and you know I didn't go out and BUY one, so no baking was done by Betty Crocker this year.
One of Michael's presents was a  fancy new bathing suit to wear this weekend. We're heading here to celebrate Chinese New Year. We'll be in the Philippines from February 12-16. Chinese New Year is similar to Christmas, and is one of the most important traditional holidays in Hong Kong. During this time we'll be giving out these:

Red envelopes are passed out from married couples to the elderly, unmarried people, and children. Inside is money. We'll be handing red envelopes out to Michael's co-worker, his secretary, all of our doormen, the man who does our laundry, and our helper. The amount of money you give must be an even number, as odd numbers are associated with funerals. The number "8" is extremely lucky here, so any number with an "8" in it would be a wise choice to give. We should've come to Hong Kong before we were married....

Happy Chinese New Year (...and Valentines Day too!)
xx,
Lauren


4 comments:

Cuentista said...

A) I love french bulldogs. How cute is she??

B) Your christmas card is darling! Got it when I returned from my month in Africa this week.

C) I read one of your statements wrong and thought you said that you give the chinese valentines to the elderly unmarried people and I thought, "OMG, that's harsh. Am I elderly unmarried??" Maybe you should send me one (with an 8) for good luck!

Have a fabulous vacay in paradise!

Kim said...

So glad Dudley is once again an only child and doesn't have to share time with his pesty girlfriend! Are those red envelopes all over the cherry blossom tree in Michael's birthday photo? I'm sorry you won't be getting any red envelopes. If I had known, I would have sent a red envelope for Valentine's Day with a few 8's in it! Happy Valentine's Day! Have a great time on your New Year's trip. USE SUNSCREEN! xx

Unknown said...

I am sure Dudley was sending out "whoa" signals to Charlotte if she is as bouncy as she looks!He is getting all kinds of experiences in Hong Kong too!Have fun in the Phillipines .We'll try to send you a belated red envelope (by the time you receive it).Be safe.Hugs,Pam&Gene

Unknown said...

Lauren and Michael, hope you had a great trip for the New Year (a.k.a. Valentine's Day)! Looks like a wonderful resort for relaxing and sunning. We are still having snow, rain, and cold here in Charlotte. I keep telling myself that Spring will come -- soon I hope! xoxo Anne