2.28.2010

Birthday Weekend


My birthday hasn't fallen on a weekend in a while, so I took the liberty of celebrating all weekend...and that we did. Michael is ready for my birthday to be over!

I turned 28 on Saturday, February 27. I came home Friday evening to find a box of beautiful cupcakes and my present all wrapped up on the table. I was so excited...the festivities were beginning! We went to dinner Friday night with Sage and Bethany to start off the weekend.

After eating ox tongue (yes, you read that right),  too much sake, and a few White Russians,  we decided to head home. We walked in the door to find a box on the floor. An empty box. The box that WAS holding my 8 beautiful cupcakes. Dudley quickly admitted his shame and we knew right away who the culprit was.

Now, Dudley has eaten some people food in his time with us, including a whole bag of M&M's (the big one), so even though there was a chocolate cupcake in the bunch, I wasn't too worried. He was acting fine. 24 hours later though, while we should have been having my birthday dinner at La Terasse, we were here.

He is fine. He got a shot to stop vomiting, and was put on a chicken and rice diet for the next 2 days. After 3 hours at the emergency vet we were glad to get home. No more cupcakes for Dudley. Ever. 

My friend, Bethany, turned 28 on the 28th, so of course we had to plan a party! We hosted a "Birthday Boozy Brunch" on Sunday at the Verandah in Repulse Bay. The food was delicious and our closest friends joined in for the fun. 







What a fabulous weekend...thank you again for helping me feel so special with all your notes and cards. Facebook really makes you feel like a celebrity, huh? I'll be hiking tomorrow to try and burn off all the cupcakes...you know my sweet husband went out and bought a new batch! Isn't he the best? Oh, and you guessed it:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
xx,
Lauren

4 comments:

Kim said...

Whew....I know Michael is glad your birthday weekend extravaganza is OVER! XX,Mom

Unknown said...

Okay, Lauren, was Mr. Duds laying on his back with paws in the air when you came home and the cupcakes were gone?? That was his position in Raleigh when he ate the soap!!! Not one but all of the cupcakes!! Sounds like everyone in your house had a busy weekend. Gene

Unknown said...

Hi sweet Lauren
Haaaaapppppy Birthday to you and Michael!! Looks like you had a grand and fun celebration!! Wow!!
Glad Dudley has recovered from his OD of cupcakes. We think he looks adorable with his new trim.
Know your Mom & Dad & Adam are really looking forward to their visit. It will be fantastic!!
We miss you. Thank you for all the updates. Love u lots! Aunt Jan, Uncle Tom & Tommy

Unknown said...

Lauren,so glad you had a super birthday weekend! That's the way to do it....three days of frivolity! Didn't realize yours and Michael's natal days were so close together. What fun! I cheated and celebrated my birthday early this weekend, too. :-) xoxo Anne