2.07.2010

Greenpower Hike 2010

As my father-in-law puts it...my "run, race, hike, walk" was a success! On Saturday we set out for 31 miles. We finished in 7 hours 35 minutes which we were proud of, as our goal was under 8 hours. The weather was actually perfect...about 70 degrees and a bit misty.
We scaled about 8 mountains, climbed steps that came up to our hips, dodged people along narrow trails, tripped on roots and rocks, bruised our toes and knees, popped 5 Motrin during the hike, and ate 3 Cliff Bars. That was pretty much our day. We ran bits of the straight-aways and downhills, but we walked most of it.
Sage and Michael promised to be at the finish line to capture our picture. It was the perfect finish-line shot---we were side-by-side, holding our hands up in the air, laughing, and looking right at the camera...the camera that wasn't there. The boys were in a taxi. Not at the finish line. We were not happy, but they brought us champagne and Gatorade. We thought that was nice, so we've made up.

The hike was tough. I'm not gonna lie...I hurt. My butt hurts. My knees hurt. My feet hurt. I'm walking around like a 90 year old woman, so we decided to spend the day here:



We went to the Four Seasons Spa today and it was amazing. The Spa is incredible and was a nice treat after our hard work :)

Thank you all for your support, sweet Facebook posts and congratulatory messages. We had a blast doing it, but are glad to hang up our hiking shoes for awhile. It wasn't the greatest feat in the world, but one more thing to cross off the bucket list.
xx,
Lauren


3 comments:

Kim said...

Way to go, Lauren. Thirty-one miles...impressive. Rest, relax, recover! I'm glad it's over!
xx

Unknown said...

Great job, Lauren! For a trip to the Four Seasons Spa, even I might try the hike..... :-) Well deserved! xoxo Anne

Kendra said...

Have I mentioned you are amazing! I know you are super relieved to have it all over. I hope the spa helped to work out some of the kinks :)XOXO