5.17.2010

Bee. Bee. Queue.

Friday night was my first Korean BBQ experience...Technically, it was Korean BBQ. Japanese style. Close enough.


Our good friends KC and Chris rave about it, so we've been trying to go for weeks now. Korean BBQ is basically Wagyu beef and vegetables that you cook yourself on a grill that's in the middle of the table. Similar to fondue, but grill-style. It was such a fun night with amazing company. 


Afterwards we stopped for a drink along the Knutsford Steps...the LKF of Kowloon.
We call Kowloon the "Dark Side," as we don't venture over there quite often. KC, Michael and I stopped for a quick drink and then called it a night. 
******
We had a nice Saturday. We spent some time at home and hiked up to the Peak in the afternoon. We had dinner with some friends Saturday night at a new restaurant and came home to this:
Dudley found the bag of Orbitz gum and Neutrogena Soap the Hendrix and Hendrick's brought me.
He also decided to break into my gym bag and leave everything sprawled in the hallway. 
Lucky for me, not all the gum was destroyed, and only 1 bar of soap suffered a causality.
Oh Dudley.
Hope you all had a great weekend!
xx,
Lauren


3 comments:

Amy said...

Love your blog. We are moving to HK this summer and I was wondering if you could tell me the name of the Korean BBQ restaurant. I will have to try it! Thanks in advance.

Amy

atturner21 at gmail dot com

Kim said...

Ohhhh, Dudley! Poor little fella was bored and needed some entertainment. He doesn't get to go out and about dining with friends! Love and miss you lots.

Kendra said...

I can't believe it! Did he at least have fresh breathe when you got home :)? We will load you up again while your home for sure. XOXO