6.03.2010

My First Brazilian....

Get your minds out of the gutter kids....
BRAZILIAN STRAIGHTENING...
for my hair...
that's on my head!  
I have been wanting to do this for months, and the rain combined with the humidity finally made me cave.
 Oh. My. Gosh.
My life may have just changed, forever. 
Why have I waited so long?!? 
My hair is not straight. It's frizzy and wavy. Not the beautiful "looks like I just went swimming in the ocean" waves, but the ugly, flat "I just rolled out of bed and have never seen a hairbrush" waves. In this above picture, my hair is STRAIGHT, and he's only drying it with his FINGERS! Never in my life have I ever seen my hair wet, and straight, at the same time.

I read alot of reviews about the Brazilian Blowout, and some really scared me. In my treatment today, there was ZERO formaldehyde, which I was really pleased about. It didn't stink and was completely painless (many reviews said the formaldehyde would almost make you cry it burned so much). 
This is the "after" photo. My hair was only dried with fingers. No brush. It's pretty straight right now, but I should be able to get the body back into it once I wash it. 
I have to wait 48 hours to wash it, and can't put a rubber band or clip in it until Saturday. 
 I also had to buy a special shampoo and conditioner that doesn't contain sodium chloride. I can't believe how long my hair looks when it's straight. I think it grew about 3 inches today.

The results aren't in yet, but so far, I'm really happy. 
I'm saying goodbye to my straightener for the next 12 weeks.  Ya-hoo!
Will keep you posted on how the hair progresses :)
xx,
Lauren, and her new hair.



3 comments:

Kim said...

Wow....it looks great! I am trying to get up the nerve to straighten mine as well. First, you'll have to let me know if the body returns and if it stays de-frizzed!!
Mom

Cuentista said...

Is there a Brazilian volumizing treatment?? I'll trade you flat strands for strands that do something -- anything!

Looks great!!! Have you talked to Alia lately? From FB I see she's EXPECTING!!! Cute!

Kendra said...

It looks amazing! Not putting a clip or rubber band in for a couple days would be tough though. I know you are loving not having to deal with straightening it. XOXO