1.16.2010

Big Day

Yesterday was a big day....Bethany and I set out on our 24 mile hike, but a phone call 4 hours in enabled us to cut it short.

Bethany has been wanting a french bulldog for YEARS! Her boyfriend, Sage, has finally given in, and to make a long story short, we ended up picking up the little girl yesterday. She is the cutest little thing, and Bethany is one proud mama.


We had to pick her up from the animal shelter...this was not easy for me! We were looking at the dogs and I just had tears running down my face. Once we saw Charlotte, the tears turned into happy ones. I am so proud of Bethany for rescuing this little girl. If you are in search of a dog, please consider rescuing from your local animal shelter. We found Dudley and Winston (the Vater's dog) on http://www.petfinder.com/  There are so many sweet dogs in need of homes, and I promise, it'll be the best $50 you've ever spent. I almost took another one home yesterday, but my husband was threatening divorce :)


Enjoy some pics of Charlotte "Charlie"...well, we think that's her name!

We took Charlotte and Dudley to Staunton's yesterday night. Staunton's is a dog-friendly bar, so we toasted to Charlotte and had a fun night out with our furry babies.

We called it a night as Charlotte was falling asleep in Bethany's arms. Before going home, Dudley took a ride on the escalator. He's not so sure about the moving steps, but is slowly getting used to it.


Hope you have a great weekend!
xx,
Lauren

2 comments:

Amanda said...

that is the cutest post in a while! So excited for Bethany and fam! Glad to see the Dud-man has a little friend to show the ropes in Hong Kong. I guess my question about dogs on the escalator has been answered, huh? I don't remember seeing any dogs are Stauton's when I was there....except that one from Australia we met...hehe!

Unknown said...

We got Prince from the Charlotte Humane Society, and we think he is "perfect!" It was hard to leave him at CHS over the 2008 holidays, but he had a cold and was on meds; so no releasing him. And then the neutering deal. We carried him home (literally) on Dec 31st, and it's been a joyful year for all. Happy for your friend, and now Dudley has a pal, too. Good deal all around....