1.28.2010

A cook in the kitchen?

One thing we love about Hong Kong is the international cuisine. It's pretty difficult to actually find "American" restaurants, so we tend to eat a lot of Japanese,Vietnamese,Thai, Dim Sum, Chinese, and some Sichuan. We tried out a Nepalese spot last weekend with our friends, Daria and Simon. It was similar to Indian and was actually pretty delicious.





Tonight I got a bit crafty in the kitchen. I purchased something new:


And let me tell you, it's amazing how delicious rice is when you make it with a rice cooker.

Here are few hints at my new dish:



The green curry actually turned out pretty well... Just a little tweaking needed for the next time.

Any new recipes you've tried that are worth sharing? I'd love for you to pass them along. We're getting pretty tired of chicken, salmon, and pork chops over here :)
xx,
Lauren

No comments: