1.13.2010

Breakfast for Dinner

As I was walking to the grocery store tonight, I was thinking just how much my life has changed in the past four months. Things are different. Little things...like: driving, grocery shopping, quiet streets, neighborhood get-togethers, walks with the dog. Most of these things I mentioned are ones I miss. I miss driving more than I thought. Getting in the car, putting on a good CD or listening to the morning shows. I haven't listened to a radio station since August, and Pandora doesn't exist in Hong Kong. I miss quiet walks with Dudley around the neighborhood. I miss picking up the phone whenever I want to talk to my girlfriends. I miss going to work everyday (I know, most of you will balk at this one)...but, there's something about having a "purpose", doing something to help someone else. I miss that. I miss Chick-Fil-A. Alot.

I love our life over here, and this isn't a pity party. I thought about the things I miss when going to the grocery store tonight...

This evening, I went to 2 grocery stores looking for chicken sausage (which I know they have). There was no chicken sausage. In either store. I refuse to buy the meat in the Welcome or Park-N-Shop because it scares me. SO, tonight we're having breakfast for dinner because I didn't feel like walking 30 minutes to the big grocery store. Eggo waffles and eggs it is.

As you drive to the Teeter today, and see a dozen varieties of chicken sausages...think of me. :)

xx,
Lauren

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lauren, couple of thoughts....
1- I bellieve there is a purpose in life for all of us. Sometimes we have one and don't see it. Sometimes we have a "job" and don't have a purpose. I think it's part of our life's work to figure our the purpose, and then the job will come and it will be fun (not a place to go to from 8-5). Be patient, quiet, and listen for your purpose.
2- My nephew missed Chik-Fil-A when in NYC. His family sent him the famous sandwhiches in dry ice. Might be a little expensive and take too long mailing to Hong Kong??
Hoping that you find new "favorites" in HK that you will one day miss in the USA.
xoxo Anne

Unknown said...

OK Lauren, I guess I must go to Harris Teeter to find chicken sausage. Is it a patty, link or strip?? Have with noodles? Just breakfast? Frozen food section or at the butcher shop? I have been missing this gourmet dish for all of these years? Another thing Pam has sheltered me from or maybe she can't find it at Dean and Deluca. Have a fun weekend. Gene