7.20.2010

27615

I had the best weekend in Raleigh...

Leah and Garvin flew in from Florida. 
Marta flew from Chicago.
Zach and Emily drove from Charlotte.
The Hendrick's opened their home to us.
Friends cut their beach weekends short.
Babysitters were confirmed.
Schedules were re-arranged.
Just to accomodate me.
Am I lucky to have these people in my life?
More than you can even imagine.

First stop? 
8000 Haymarket Lane. You would be proud...I didn't cry. It was strange. I felt like I was home, but it wasn't our home anymore. Michael and Dudley weren't there. It wasn't our stuff in that house...but it still was just as cute as can be. I think I'll always love that house. Our first. 
 The boys started the weekend off with a few drinks.
If you have no idea what these crazy pictures are about, knock yourself out here:
We grilled out at the Hendricks, 

and the boys skyped with Michael. 
On Saturday, Steph and Keith stopped by with Reagan. I saw Reagan right before we left last year, so it was so great to see how sweet, adorable, and BIG she is! 
Here's a bit of the rest of the day. 

We went out to dinner that night, and LOOK who came! 



Thank you guys for such a great night...
The next day, I was able to meet up with even more of my Raleigh girls.
I'm so, so thankful for all of you. 
Thank you for making the effort to come to me.
Until next time...
xx,
Lauren

2 comments:

Jeanna said...

Hi Lauren! My name is Jeanna DeMarco. My Aunt is Barbra Murray from Charlotte. I am getting ready to go spend some time in Asia and my Auntie Bunky told me to get in touch with you. I am definitely going to China, Hong Kong especially, and I would love having the help of someone who lives there when I get there. Someone who know the area and can point me in the right direction! My email is jeanna@demarco.cc. I would love to get in touch with you before I leave! Thank you!

Jeanna

Unknown said...

Lauren, love, love, love that you have so many girl friends! Don't give up those relationships as you grow older. Tend to them carefully. Tempations will come to shift the focus on your immediate family, job, etc. Hold strong. Balance is so important in your life. These girls/ women will be your lifeline to helping you stay strong and true to yourself. Make time for girl's night out...always! You will not regret it. Love, Anne