3.20.2011

Sun?

We're on the 7th straight day of grey skies. MP is so tired of my complaining about not seeing the sun. It's  causing marital distress and I think he's almost ready to buy me a ticket to the beach. That, or send me to a  shrink. I think he's leaning toward the latter :)

March is the worst time to come visit HK (just remember as you're planning your trip to come visit).  November is the best. Wink wink!

I'm making the best of the nasty weather though, and had a nice week. I went to Art Walk with Daria and her darling friend, Olivia this week. 
It was such a fun night. 

 65 art galleries participated this year and were open until midnight. Each one served canapes and wine. 
 We strolled the streets, drinking our red, and popping into ones that sparked our interest. 
 This gallery showcased construction in HK and the photos made it look beautiful. That was just amazing to me, as it usually seems like such an eye-sore. 


All the money raised benefited The Society for Community Organization 
I'm sure lots of cities around the world do art walks. Have you ever been to one?
While MP was in class on Saturday (yes, GMAT class), I went to Stanley with some friends. Although, I really didn't break out my camera, I couldn't help capturing a few images. 
 How funny!!! 
Have you ever seen a more regal looking pooch?
He sat perched on that ledge looking like he owned it. 
We rounded a corner and then saw these two.
 Ha! They made my day. 
Don't tell me about your beautiful, sunny, 85 degree weather you had this weekend. 
I may just move back :)
xx,
Lauren

5 comments:

Kim said...

Waiting for the day when you tell us, "We're moving back!" Not trying to fast forward your plans or anything!!! The gallery crawl looks like such a fun evening, and of course, I LOVED the pooch with the dashing bow tie! Can't believe you haven't tried to make Dudley model one of those! Wishing you warm sunshine to brighten your spirits! Welcome home, MP. xoxoxox

BBL said...

Sending you SUNSHINE!!! Come on HK.. Lauren needs a little SUN!!

Little Momma & Co. said...

oh vater, i hear you girl! we had a horrible winter here in the lou this year. it snowed last monday and was so grey and gloomy - i was almost in tears i kept telling bj i had had enough! haha! we may be going to the shrink together :)

sending you lots of sunshine and hoping those grey skys part!!!

love,
boogs

Cuentista said...

I totally hear ya! This winter in NYC has been a BRUTAL transition from Wilmington. I flew home for a wedding this weekend, sunshine, blue skies, only to return this morning to sleet, snow AND hail as I commuted to work from LGA (should have been 20 mins, took 1hr) in this mess. The weather can dampen your mood for sure. I finally caved a few weeks ago and hit up a tanning booth for a boost of energy. It actually helped. Hope the sun shines on you soon enough!

Unknown said...

grey here in clt this weekend. :-(

out with march and in with spring!

xoxo Anne