3.31.2011

Taking a break

...of Hong Kong, 
and escaping here for the weekend!
Bethany, Julie, and myself are heading to Shanghai for the weekend. We'll call it a mini bachelorette party for Bethany....sadly, I won't be able to make her Vegas blow-out, so we're celebrating "Asia style". .
This will be our weekend home...right along the Bund! 
Looks terrible, huh?
 I'm so excited for a weekend of relaxation. No plans are made (unless you count dinner and drink reservations). 
We'll just see where the wind takes us :) 
We will, however, be indulging in these....
 The best xiao long bau we've tasted in Asia. 
 Crossing our fingers that the weather will be like this (last year it was perfect!) 
Hoping you have a great weekend too!
xx,
Lauren

7 comments:

Kim said...

Advice from mom....
* Don't eat anything that might make you sick....we know what happens when you get sick!
* BE CAREFUL...no purses on backs of chairs.
* No alleyways or clandestine sites for shopping!
* Where are you keeping your passport and valuables (cash, credit cards???)
* Have fun! Congrats to Bethany.
* Much love! xxoo

Kim said...

Forgot to remind you....PEARLS for Debbie!
xx

Lauren said...

Mom,
You SCREAM alot in your comments. We'll be very careful, I promise. My passport will be locked in the safe. No worries :) Pearls is on my list....I have to get them in HK though. I promise I haven't forgotten!

nordy said...

lauren,
i think i will take your mom on a trip to waxhaw this weekend!! have fun and enjoy... notice...no screaming.

Kim said...

It is a mother's prerogative to scream and worry about their children even though they are adults! I love you.

Unknown said...

She screams more in person...Wink, Wink...

Unknown said...

LOL!!

xoxo Anne