5.23.2011

Back from Beijing

We had a great weekend,  and I'm now gearing up for my last week of work before heading out again on Friday. 
 I feel like I'm running in a thousand directions and time is racing past me. Do you feel like this after you've been out of town too? It always takes me a few days to get back in my groove. 
 We spent 3.5 days in Beijing, and I think it was plenty of time. The Great Wall was amazing and definitely the highlight of the trip. I didn't love Beijing, but we ventured to some cool spots and had some great meals. Pollution? Oh, it's terrible. 
We started out at the Forbidden City. 


 The Forbidden City really is a "city". It goes on forever, and you just keep walking through palace after palace. 
 ...and the tourists love this place. The Chinese tour groups were everywhere and dodging past them became somewhat of an an art form. 
 Don't you love their hats?
 We walked through the Hall of Clocks. Actually, quite amazing clocks were found here. 

 Can you find me?

We stopped at Tieneman Square on our way out. 

 I especially loved the man checking out his false teeth. Ha!

We wandered through some of the Hutongs and stopped for lunch. 



We ended Day One with an early dinner before MP had to hop on a call. 
We're off to the Great Wall in the morning. Much more to come on Beijing, but this tired girl has got to get to bed!
xx,
Lauren

No comments: