6.20.2011

Heading Back

My 24 hour travel journey has begun. I'm sitting in the Newark airport waiting on my flight to Hong Kong. 

Coming home is always so wonderful, and even though I was here for 3 weeks, I still feel like it wasn't enough time. We spent the beginning of the week in Chapel Hill while MP worked a few days. We made a pit-stop through Elon on the way up.
 It was just voted the most beautiful college campus and I could not agree more. 


 Of course, we stopped by our favorite local hangout :)
 We had dinner in Chapel Hill the next night with these kids and Katie was even "sick" on Tuesday so we could Spa it up here. I have great friends, don't I?
On Friday night, our friends, Amanda, David, and Caleb prepared a beer dinner for us. Check out their blog to read all about it. 


The menu was unbelievable and each dish was paired perfectly with a delicious beer.
It's such a huge effort to put on a dinner like this, and we are so grateful that we could experience it. 








 Thank you to our dear friends who made the effort to visit with us.
 Thank you to our families who were patient as we tried to squeeze everything in. We love you so much, and I'm already looking forward to the next trip back.
Now, I'm gearing up for 16 hours in the air...wish me luck!
xx,
Lauren

3 comments:

One Sweet World said...

Looks like you really had a great trip home - how fun! And I loved the Elon pictures :) Safe travels back to HK!

Cuentista said...

Don't you just love Newark? ;-) Looks like you had a great -- if whirlwind -- visit at home! I'm sad to see I missed what appears to be another wonderful Beer Dinner by the Willis/Rowe Trio! Hope you had safe travels back "home"!

Kim said...

The photos of your many travels in Asia always amaze and awe me; however, these pictures are my favorites. There's no place like home! Cheers to all the wonderful friends you've made abroad, and love to all of the friends at home who remain connected to you and celebrate your return visits. Thanks to you and Michael for a wonderful visit at home. It flew by much too quickly, but it will be the highlight of our summer! Back to skype. Love and miss you!
xx Mom