6.28.2011

The Hunt

On Monday, Natasha and I trekked out to Sham Shui Po in search of ribbon and lace.


 We're throwing a shower and bachelorette party in August, and we're trying to transform a blank canvas into something special.

 Oh. My. Goodness. 
 The ribbon market was incredible,
and had some of the most gorgeous patterns I've ever seen. 
 It was hard not to get overwhelmed by the selection, but I had visions of wrapped packages with the most perfect bows just shooting through my head. 
 I did go home with some, but I think another trip will have to be in my near future. 

 This cute little couple helped us with our selection. Don't you love the little hearts? Perfect for something special on Feb. 14 or an anniversary present?!?
If you live in HK and get just as excited about ribbon as I do, you must check out Sham Shui Po! 
(Many stores only sell wholesale, but there are some that will sell by the yard). 
Enjoy your hunt!
xx,
Lauren

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh wow, I do love ribbon for wrapping fun packages! Do they have a catalog? Can't wait to see your blank canvas transformed! Stay cool in the heat. Love ya.

Amanda said...

Looks like heaven. Love all the options. So I was in NYC today on business and I couldn't help but think of you Phipps! I had a work meeting at Viacom in Times Square and it made me think of the summer Michael worked in the Big Apple! I miss you like crazy (and especially love sporting my new coral Longchamp everywhere I go!!)