8.31.2010

Hockey...or not.

As some of you know, I've decided to play field hockey at the Football Club here in Hong Kong. 
field_hockey.gif (500×333)
Let's remember the last time Lauren picked up a field hockey stick... 
Um...12th grade. 

I was excited about playing though, and went to a few practices last week.
 I almost quit. 
These girls were good. Really good.
 I really didn't know if I'd be able to hang,
 but tryouts were Saturday and I was going to give it until then to see how I did.

I did okay! 
I wasn't the worst one out there, and as the games progressed I was telling myself maybe I could hang with the big-dogs. 

And then my knee buckled. 
I went down.
No popping or snapping. 
I sat out for a bit, but then played in 2 more games...
A bit more gingerly, but I did play. 

Now, I can't walk.
 I can't bend my knee. 
It's as stiff as a board.
And, it's been 3 days.

I ended up here today.
And then went for a MRI.
Oh, Lord.
The results will be back on Thursday.

I think my field hockey season may have just ended...before it even started. 
Lovely.
xx,
Lauren

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Lauren, let's believe it is only a sprain. If you were able to play some more, it might mean you just pulled the muscles and tendons, no tear. That is my theory and I am sticking to it!! Did you take some Advil to reduce the inflamation? That is the over the counter medicine for this strain I think. How did you do on your MRI ? I had a MRI and CT yesterday. 45 minutes in the MRI was a test of patience for an old guy like me. Let us just assume that both of our results will be positive!!!

Stay strong!! Love, Poppy

Amanda said...

i do not like the sound of popping knees or of MRIs- eek. I am praying that it is nothing major and nothing that some ice and TLC can't fix. Thinking of you!

Amanda