12.15.2011

Last Day.

I was feeling pretty nostalgic today, and just tried to take in as much as this city as I could. It still doesn't feel real that we're leaving tomorrow. 

One final pick-up from the tailor.
We popped by Michael's office to say goodbye to Alice.

Alice is Michael's secretary, and has been such a gift to us. She was a God-send when I lost my passport in China, and without her, I'm not sure I would have gotten back as quickly as I did. She would do anything for us, and we really do think of her as family out here.
I stopped to say goodbye to our laundry man. This sweet man came to our house 2x week for the past 2.5 years. He came between 10:30-11:00pm every Monday night, and delivered laundry at the same time on Tuesday night. He loved Dudley, and we loved him. 
His store-front. 


We had to run by our apartment to finish some last-minute cleaning and to say goodbye to Emily.
  Emily came once per week since we moved in. She cleaned for us, and each time we left for the US or on a trip, she stayed at our house with Dudley. 
We will miss her so very much.
We ended the night with our dear friends.
 Dinner with Bethany and Sage at the China Club,
 and a few "see you soon" hugs. 



My last entry from Hong Kong. 
I'll talk to you from Newark!
xx,
Lauren

No comments: