12.14.2011

Moved out.

This morning I'm writing from a hotel....my first hotel-stay ever in Hong Kong. 

My first time in Hong Kong was the day we arrived, August 25, 2009. We came with just 8 suitcases and I was excited, and nervous, to change our life as we knew it. 
 We didn't have a look-see trip, and the only thing I knew about Hong Kong was what Michael had told me. For the next month and a half we lived in a serviced apartment before we finally landed at 80 Robinson. 
Yesterday we moved out.



 I'm not quite sure how, but we're moving back with a whole lot more than 8 suitcases...although those 8 are coming on the plane with us!


We had a  lovely dinner last night as just the 2 of us. 





...and just like that, today is our last day. 
Our flight leaves tomorrow morning. 
I'll have a few more posts for you, but I think this blog will close its chapters once we're back in the US. I have gotten so many emails and questions about its status...I can't thank you enough for all of the love you've shown me through something as simple as a "blog". 

Lots of love from Hong Kong,
Lauren

2 comments:

Living and Loving in NYC said...

Hi Lauren! Not sure if you remember me - but we met at Bethany and Sage's wedding. I've been following your blog regularly - i love it! I loved pseudo keeping in touch and drooling over all your travel photos. Best of luck to you and Michael on your move back to NC! It's crazy to see it happening bc even when we met in August you had no idea when you would be moving back to the States! I will be sad to see your blog go. Maybe you should start a "We're back in NC" blog :) Happy Holidays!! Hope our paths will cross again in the future.

KTBFerg said...

Lauren,

I'm feeling super nostalgic for you too! I know you're going through crazy mixed emotions and for some odd reason I am too! I hope you continue to blog from the US. I've loved reading for the past two years. Will you guys be back in NC? I hope the trip goes well!

xoxo