8.30.2009

Money, Money, Money, Money....

On Saturday we went by ferry to Macau, also known as the "Las Vegas" of China. We had to leave the country and come back in order to start the process for our Hong Kong ID's. I have never been to Vegas, so I was pretty excited about experiencing Macau. I was ready for the bright lights, huge fountains, and larger-than-life feel of the city....


Macau did not impress me. The lights weren't on, there was only 1 fountain, and the larger-than-life feel was just not there. Macau is trying to be like Vegas but it's relatively new. There is lots of promise... The Venetian is grand and there is a ton of construction happening around town. Here are some photos from around the Venetian. It's structured like a little Venice.



By the time we left the Venetian I was ready to say farewell to Macau. We stopped by the Wynn to try our hand at some gambling. Michael sat down at the blackjack table and an hour later we were grinning ear to ear. I can't say how well he did because my father-in-law is convinced the IRS is trafficking social networking sites these days :)






We can't wait to go back to MACAU!!

No comments: