8.26.2009

New Home















Here's a little glimpse or our new crib...We are living in a 750 square foot temporary apartment in a neighborhood called "Central". We'll be here for 4-6 weeks until we move somewhere more permanent. It's located at the bottom of the big escalator that runs up the mountain. Our apartment is called "Shama Central" and is definitely in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the city. The apartment is quiet though, which I'm thankful for. We are able to walk everywhere...to dinner, to Starbucks, to the small grocery store (if you can even call it that). The grocery stores are small and there isn't much variety. I'll buy my fruit from the street vendors on the corners. The streets in the city are very steep so walking in anything but tennis shoes is difficult. We're definitely in the mix of things!
If you look closely, you can see the blue sign on the right that says "Shama". This is the entrance to our apartment.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Unreal. I can't believe those are photos of where you actually are living. It looks like a really nice apartment. By the way, I love what you have done with it so far! You are a natural at this blogging thing.

Kendra said...

I am very impressed with the apartment! It looks roomier that you described it to be. I am sure you will be all settled in no time. Look at Miss Blogger - you have this down pat!

Unknown said...

Hey - Glad you guys made it safe. I am also glad Phipps packed his trusty plaid PJs. Looking good Phipps.