11.15.2009

FORE!

Yesterday was the first cold day we've had in Hong Kong...it got down to 62 degrees and i was FREEZING! Of course, on the coldest day yet, we decide to venture to a golf tournament. And of course, I was ill-prepared so had to wear Michael's clothes.

Marta got us tickets to the UBS Hong Kong Championship, so thanks to her, we were able to see some great golf. The Hong Kong Country Club was near the China border, about an hour away from us. The course was really pretty, see?


Michael ended up meeting with his co-worker, Nic for the afternoon. Nic took one look at me and handed me his pass to the UBS tent so I could go in and get a cup of tea to warm up...and get up close and personal with the golfers!




I was able to see some post-round interviews.



Here, Rory McIlroy was talking about what he's been doing with his golf winnings...he bought a Ferrari, but decided it wasn't fast enough, so just bought a Lamborghini. Wow. His parents did a great job of teaching him the value of saving a dollar. Actually, he probably makes so much money he can save and afford these cars. Oh, to be 18 and rich... I even rubbed arms with Rory Sabatini (one of Marta's golfers). I was secretly hoping that Marta was going to pop out from behind a tree on the course, but I wasn't so lucky :)


Thanks, Mart for the tickets, and Nic for letting us use your passes for the tent. We had a great day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool -- no pun intended. You guys are really getting around and seeing/doing everything the area has to offer. I think that's great! TG is almost here. Are you ready for the big meal in your kitchen? :-) xoxo Anne