11.20.2009

Busy Week Ahead

Amanda arrives tomorrow and I can't wait! I have our days packed and am taking her all over Hong Kong...I just hope she won't be too affected by jet-lag! I'm looking forward to our long walks, chats over tea, a bit of shopping and sight-seeing, and showing her my new favorite part of the world.

We're cooking Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday and I've invited some of my Hong Kong friends over too. Many of my friends are away right now, so it'll be a small group. I'm getting a little nervous about the cooking...usually for Thanksgiving, we run the Turkey Trot in Charlotte, and come home just in time to have Thanksgiving with the Phipps and then head to the Vater's for dinner. Basically, I run, then eat the remainder of the day...not cooking or helping prepare anything. It'll be a different story this year!

Sad story...I had to buy a cooked turkey. I know, I was so excited about making one, but honestly, I'm not sure a turkey would fit in my tiny oven. Not to mention the other 4 casseroles that have to be made. I promise to post pics of our first Thanksgiving in Asia. I probably won't be posting much this coming week, but will chronicle Amanda's whole trip later.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families. We have so much to be thankful for this year...our families, our health, new additions to family, the opportunity to be living abroad, our friends (who are like family), friends planning to make the trip to visit us in Hong Kong, Dudley dog who's coming. I could go and on. Thank you for keeping up with us while we're away. We love you all so much.

xx,
Lauren

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are right -- we are a very blessed bunch! Much love to both you and Michael! Enjoy your holiday with Amanda and friends! xoxo Anne

Kim said...

This year you'll be turkey trotting all over HK with dear Amanda! I must admit I got a little teary as I was giving her a hug to give to you! Have a fabulous time together...I'll be anxious to hear about all of your adventures...and your Asian Thanksgiving feast!
xx
Mom

Cuentista said...

So excited for you two! I know you'll have a blast! Kisses from NC!