11.03.2009

Hong Kong Haircut

I hate getting my haircut. I hate moving cities and searching for the perfect colorist and stylist. It makes me sweat. In college, I always went home to Charlotte for a haircut. When I lived in Greensboro, I continued to go home. A year later, I finally bit the bullet and after a few bad haircuts, finally found a girl I loved in Greensboro. So, when I moved to Raleigh, I continued to drive the hour and a half to Greensboro for my haircut. After a year of driving back to Greensboro, and the increase in gas prices, I decided it was time to find someone in Raleigh. I found a girl (who actually went to Elon!), whom I loved. And then we moved....

I can't exactly go back to the US to get my haircut, so I decided I was going to have long hair for the first time in my life. Well, 2 months in, and I'm dying to get my haircut. It's so long, has no shape, and looks awful. I went on a recommendation and made an appointment.


He was the sweetest gay man and we had a lovely conversation. He told me he'd take an inch off---well, 4 inches later, he was telling me all about his newest love interest and the scissors kept snipping. I think he was enjoying our conversation so much he forgot about the 1 inch rule. UGH. There goes any hope for my long, luscious locks of hair. Now, it's short and can barely fit in a ponytail.

No need to leave comments saying how good it looks to make me feel better! I know it will grow. I'll give it six months, and then I'm on the hunt for a new stylist. You can never escape bad haircuts...even in Hong Kong.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

The despite the fact that you said not to- I am telling you that the haircut is adorable! I love it. You always look good, no matter how long or short your hair is! Hiking looks fun- I wish I could spend my days hiking, shopping and spa-ing...to be honest the life of a tai tai doesn't sound too bad!

Kim said...

Your hair looks cute in the pic! Are we ever happy with our hair?? We spend lots of $$ to be dissatisfied! Get over it...it looks great! Love you!

Kendra said...

I think the cut looks cute despite the face you made in the picture to make it look bad :) I feel your pain cause there is nothing worse than sitting in a chair watching your hair disappear. Your halloween costume looked great by the way! XOXO

Unknown said...

It looks cute, but I totally understand the ponytail issue. xoxo Anne

Unknown said...

I must agree with you. That sweetie guy just doesn't know how to follow directions!! It must be something in his chemical makeup. I do like how it frames your ferocious, scary snarl. Do you use that approach with vendors at the street market to get the price lowered?? Or have you learned a mandarin greeting sign? Well keep trying because I think the new style really brings out the 'real you' !!! Keeping smiling Tie-Tie. Gene