10.04.2009

Beachin' It...in October!

You will be so impressed to know we didn't venture even close to Ikea today! We spent the day at Repulse Bay Beach, about a 20 minute bus ride away. The weather was beautiful (we've had lots of rain lately, so it was nice to have the sun shining). We kept saying how crazy it was to be sitting on the beach (91 degrees today) in the beginning of October. Enjoy some pictures from our lazy Sunday. The complex in back of Michael is Repulse Bay. Notice the hole in the middle of it. In order to allow the dragon (the mountain) to drink from the Bay, the building had to be built with a hole in it...Lots of feng shui action for ya here in Asia!


On another note...My parents are coming to visit! They booked their flights yesterday and will be coming out over my mom's spring break and dad's birthday in March. I am soooo excited for them to get here. I'm crossing my fingers that Adam will be able to get some time off work to come for bit too. Mom and Dad have never been out of the country (Mexico and the Caribbean don't really count). I can't wait to show them around and introduce them to a part of the world they'd never imagine coming to.
xx,
L

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lauren and Michael- Glad you got moved in enough to take off for the day and enjoy the beach. All work and no play............
Pam and I walked in the Race for the Cure yesterday with the CBF team. I'll be posting pics on my blog today for you to check out. 6 years and counting. I'm so grateful. Anne

Unknown said...

I will find out this week, if I'll be able to head out to HK. I won't be flying w/ Mom and Dad, I would probably be a day behind them, but as long as I get to come. Hope to see you in March!!

Amanda said...

I would love the beach in October - what a treat! Although I do have to admit, upon first glance I thought you and Michael looked superimposed in some of those photos! Glad to hear you were really there! Even more glad to hear the Vaters are headed to HOng Kong! Talk about something to look forward to!

Kim said...

YAY...Coming to HK!

Little Momma & Co. said...

Ah so fun!!! I wish it was still beach weather here in the STL :) So wonderful that your parents are coming!! I seriously love all the updates, you are such a great blogger!!! I can't wait to see pictures of the place :) xoxox