10.12.2009

Did you rub his belly?


I told my mom on Skype tonight that we went and visited the Big Buddha today. The first thing she asked was, "Did you rub his belly?" The Buddha is big. Really big. I could not reach his belly and clearly, there was no way I could rub it. I think she was a little disappointed!
The Big Buddha is in Tung Chung, about a 30 minute MTR ride away. It's a must see when you come! First, we'll hit up the outlet mall (inside a great DVF, and Kate Spade outlet awaits us), and then we'll take the cable car up to visit the Buddha. He's amazing, and the cable car ride is breathtaking. The Buddha was built in 1992 and took more than 3 years to build. He sits on a hill above the Po Lin Monastery at the top of a steep stairway. There is a platform encircling the Buddha with six more statues offering gifts to the Buddha.
It's a beautiful place...serene and grandiose. You have to remind yourself that the skyscrapers, airport, and pounding of construction are only a far cry away. You'll love it!



xx,

Lauren

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I love reading all of this and it sounds so exciting! I miss you so much and I hope you may come home for christmas.....keep blogging, I look so forward to reading what is happening!

Jamie said...

It's Jamie