9.15.2009

Rain, Rain go Away

Yesterday Typhoon Koppu came to town...He/She started out at a 3 but by the evening we were up to an 8. All businesses shut down and we followed strict orders to stay indoors by the Hong Kong Observatory (http://www.hko.gov.hk/contente.htm). Here's a link just in case you are so bored you want to look at the weather here. We were hunkered down until 10:00am this morning when it was lowered to a 3 again. I ventured out this morning to the gym (and waited on the steps for a half-hour for it to open). I didn't go until 11:00am---why it took them so long to get to work is beyond me, but nonetheless, I got my workout in.


I met Hayley (a sweet girl from the UK) from my group for coffee. She is 33 and doesn't have children and has been here for 10 months. She's a social worker but isn't working. We're all kinda in the same boat with work. Wanting to, but not quite sure how to. It's nice to have someone to talk it through with.

By the time we left Starbucks it was POURING. I am home now and soaked. I can't seem to stay dry in Kong....if it's not sweat it's rain. I just can't win. Here a few pics of the rains, courtesy of Koppu.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

No wonder there is the song rain rain go away!I admire you for going to the gym cause that would make me want to take a nap. Hope the rain has slowed and the sun comes out soon! XOXO

Unknown said...

Hey, we need the rain in Charlotte but I don't know if we need as much as you seem to be getting. The newspaper is tracking Hurricane Hugo's track as it approached Charlotte 20 years ago this month!! Remember that storm. No power for a week. No storms on the horizon this week but maybe some relief from the drought. So, how is your diet?? Found anything to fill up on?? I shared your blog with Jesse. She loved it. She said she could not live in 80 Robinson, too high up for her. But she did say she ate some chicken feet when she was young. It's not just for the Chinese it seems. Take care