12.14.2009

Christmas Wishes



One of my most favorite parts of December is going to the mailbox.

As a little girl, I loved running down our driveway and seeing how many Christmas cards were waiting for me. I enjoyed looking at the family pictures and seeing how the children grew year after year. If the family included a letter, that made the Christmas card even better.

To this day, it's still one of my favorite parts of the holiday season. I hang the cards on our refrigerator until the magnets run out, and then we start hanging them on a ribbon. Taking them down is a sad day and I put them in a box to save (because I can't bear to throw them away!)

One of my sweet friends from my Raleigh Supper Club emailed me the other day asking for my address. I was so excited...maybe a Christmas card was on its way?!? So far, we have received zero Christmas cards this year. Even though we live half-way across the world, we can still get mail! I'm now politely asking begging you to send me your cards. It'll help our apartment feel a little more like home...and seeing your faces each day will put a smile on my face.


Here's our address:
Flat 27 C, Block 1
80 Robinson Road
Mid-Levels, Hong Kong

In return, I promise to send you a card too! Now, I ordered our cards yesterday, but it's going to take 16 days for them to get here, and then I have to mail them out. You'll be receiving New Years cards from the Phipps this year! :)

Ho! Ho! Ho!
Lauren x

4 comments:

Kim said...

Mine is on the way...with a picture and a letter! Can't wait to get yours.....even if it is for New Years! MISS YOU TONS!
XX, Mom

kirby831 said...

Will do!
And I still have a picture of you, Michael, and Dudley on my fridge too!

Amanda said...

who knows... maybe the Willis family already dropped their stylin' holiday card in the mail...how long do letters take to get there?!?!

Unknown said...

Lauren, I have saved every (!) Christmas card Ive received since 1976 and college graduation. When Mark was born, I started a small photo album of the picture we sent out in our card (before the days of photo cards). And this tradition continues today. I have many of these albums today, and I include all the photo cards I receive that year in my mini albums. Even have the Phipps' cards with your wedding shots! It's a wonderful thing to flip back through the albums and watch the children grow up. Funny how the adults don't age too much. :-) LOL! xoxo Anne