12.23.2009

A little taste of home

Yesterday, I decided to teach my dear British friends a thing or two about Christmas Cookies. When Hayley exclaimed she had never heard of a Hershey Kiss, I about fell over. So, we searched out a few grocery stores and finally found the kisses (hazelnut kisses, but they'll work).


I put Hayley and Ripa to work. We made Peanut Blossoms and Sugar Cookies (because they didn't know what a sugar cookie was!)



We had a great time and I now feel like I have done my part in introducing them to a favorite baking tradition. I told them, they must now teach me how to make Minced Pies!

Did you make your cookies this season? What is your favorite kind? I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. Hug those you love tight, as we're missing our families now, more than ever.

Merry Christmas!
Lauren
 ps...thank you sooo much for the Christmas Cards! The past two days, our mailbox has had several cards in it. Your faces and sweet notes are all throughout the apartment.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Your cookies look picture perfect! Wish you were here to share some of them with us! I haven't baked even one this year! I'm sure your friends loved the Christmas treats, but I would have to pass on the mince pies! (Yuk!)Kisses and hugs to you and Michael. Miss you SO MUCH! Love, Love, Love!

Unknown said...

Lauren, glad you are doing your part to ensure that the world knows about chocolate kisses! Who knew they were people out there who actually had not tasted Hershey's treat?!? I guess the Brits are bigger on their Cadbury and the Swiss & Belgian varieties. I'd ask about that before the mince pies -- kinda agree with your mom on that one. xoxo Anne