12.01.2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's day number 5 and we're spending it in the kitchen...here's our menu:

Turkey
Gravy
Stuffing
Cranberries
(the home-made and can kind)
7 Layer Salad
Corn Pudding
Broccoli Casserole
Mashed Potatoes
Rolls
Pumpkin Crisp
Apple Pie

Whew! You'd think we were cooking for 20...nope, just 5. Yes, all this food for 5 people. Michael went off to work,and Amanda and I went to town. We had to stop by Hayley's yesterday and pick up some supplies (pots, pans, dishes, strainer, carving knife). I was lamenting all day about how I have such beautiful china, serving pieces, and platters at home...all in a POD.

My first Thanksgiving, and I'm having to borrow plates. Thanksgiving isn't about the beautiful plates though...I am so thankful today for Amanda. For her willingness to travel so far to spend the day with Michael and I. We skyped with our families (on our Thanksgiving and theirs)...  I met Adam's girlfriend, Cielo, via skype, who was just a doll! She braved the entire Vater family and spent the holiday with them. I'm excited to spend some more time with Cielo on skype (without my entire family watching though!)





Anyways, back to Thanksgiving. Here are some pics throughout the day. I ended up buying the turkey, so when it was delivered we decided to play catch.

Michael came home around 3:30 and manned the turkey and corn pudding while we ran out to get flowers.

 





It was then home to shower, set the table, and relax before our guests arrived.






Our meal was delicious and we were thankful to have Hayley and Mark celebrate their first Thanksgiving with us. Michael did a great job of cutting the turkey (thanks to his watching of youTube videos), and explaining the story of the Pilgrims and Indians.




We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving...
xx,
Lauren

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! What a dinner and what a nice presentation! Now, tell me again what you were worried about? Looks like a magazine spread, Miss Tai Tai!!! xoxo Anne